Tuesday, October 9, 2018

My Favorite Places on Earth


My Favorite Places on Earth


One of my favorite places on earth is the seashore, the lovely salt air smell, the pounding of the surf. Sometimes I hear the surf of Lake Michigan and it brings back wonderful memories of just listening and breathing in this wonderful aroma when living in Seaside, Oregon.


Other places I love are forests of snow-covered evergreens, my car, and my home.  I do love to drive in my Toyota Corolla which hasn’t been recalled thank goodness. I love my home and in the morning opening the mini blinds to the backyard to see the lovely view of orchard and evergreens. I always say, “oh I’m so lucky.” 


My sun porch is one of my favorite places to be. I feel safe there. It is quiet. It is peaceful. It is calming and restful. The sounds, if any, are the sounds of nature: birds making their songs, frogs croaking, cicadas doing whatever they do, and crickets chirping. The view of the backyards of my neighbors and me is like a park, green grass, flowering trees, evergreens. I note the smell of freshly cut grass.  I often sit out there in the summer evenings and just take it all in and feel so blessed to be living in such a lovely, peaceful spot. Sometimes I might read, sometimes I might take my lunch out there, but often I just sit and listen and look. I love it.