My Amethyst
Necklace
I
remember a special necklace with a cross pendant embedded with amethysts jewels
on it that my parents had given me for my birthday.
One day I took it off when I took my shower and laid it on the back of the toilet. I forgot it as I left the bathroom, but remembered it and went back to get it when I was dressed. It was GONE. I looked all over the bathroom for it. No necklace. I told my mom. She said, “Well, tell Dad and see what he thinks we should do.” I faced my dad and told him what had happened. He had my necklace. He held it out to give it to me, but gave me a lecture about taking better care of my things. He said this could have fallen in the wastebasket, it could have fallen in the tub, and gone down the drain. I think I did learn to be more careful. I kept the necklace my whole life, and now my daughter has it.
One day I took it off when I took my shower and laid it on the back of the toilet. I forgot it as I left the bathroom, but remembered it and went back to get it when I was dressed. It was GONE. I looked all over the bathroom for it. No necklace. I told my mom. She said, “Well, tell Dad and see what he thinks we should do.” I faced my dad and told him what had happened. He had my necklace. He held it out to give it to me, but gave me a lecture about taking better care of my things. He said this could have fallen in the wastebasket, it could have fallen in the tub, and gone down the drain. I think I did learn to be more careful. I kept the necklace my whole life, and now my daughter has it.
