Saturday, June 23, 2018

Cherry Tree

Memories of Playing in the Cherry Tree

When I was a child living at 1621-41st St. in Des Moines, Iowa, we had a cherry tree growing in our backyard.


I remember taking my doll up in the tree with me one day. Pretty soon she needed a nap. I climbed down, got a doll blanket, climbed back up, and tied it to the branches to form a hammock. I soon realized we would need to eat, so I got a book that fit nice and flat into a crotch of the tree making a perfect table. Dishes? Down again to the playroom for doll dishes and back. Pretty soon my sister joined in with her house on the big branch on the other side. We visited back and forth. This was such fun we repeated it several times in the weeks of that summer and again the next summer.