Why My Dad Locked Me in the Trunk of the Car
Before I was married, I worked in St. Paul as a med tech. Once when my parents came for a weekend visit, we went for a picnic to Como Park.
I was taking pictures, and the film somehow got jammed in my camera. I told my dad about it, and said that I couldn't fix it. I needed a dark room. (This was before digital cameras had been invented, and if the film in a camera was exposed to light, it would be ruined.)
Dad suggested I could get in the trunk of the car, and with the lid down it would be dark enough for me to open the camera and see if I could get it straightened out. I thought maybe I could do that so he opened the trunk of the car, and I climbed in. The last thing I saw as the lid was coming down was my mom jumping up from the picnic table where she was sitting, and shouting, "Donald, what are you doing?" as she ran toward the car. I could hardly do anything with the camera at first, because I was laughing so hard! But I did get it fixed.